This module has helped me think about the impact of the Internet on my students’ learning in the following ways….
1. I am more aware of the copyright and fair use guidelines and how important it is to share that information with students. Even kindergarteners can understand the concept of "fair use" and can be cognizant of the fact that everyone needs to be given credit for their own creative work.
2. It also has helped me to think about incorporating more student research in my teaching. I know now about more kid friendly search engines that are safe for my student. I plan on showing my students how I research using the Internet and then have them do some practice with searching for specific topics.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Let them choose some topics they may want to research to add relevance for the students. You will be surprised what they come up with! Researching is also a great way to sneak in siome spelling practice and talk about how if a word is spelled incorrectly, their search results will be way off or they may get nothing at all!
ReplyDelete